(248) 620-3376 Contact Us Patient Login Pay My Bill Shop
Clarkston Dermatology Logo, Official Home Page, Dermatologist in Clarkston and Oxford (Oxford Township), Michigan
Clarkston Dermatology Logo, Official Home Page, Dermatologist in Clarkston and Oxford (Oxford Township), Michigan

Insurance & Financing

Understand Coverage Issues and Opportunities through CareCredit®

At Clarkston Dermatology, we know that you want to understand your medical bills. This means you need to know what your insurance plan covers, but benefits are often confusing. We believe that patients should never be blindsided by medical costs; that's why we have certified reimbursement specialists on staff to help our patients in Clarkston, Troy, and the surrounding Michigan communities.

Fees for our services are due at the time of treatment. We participate with many leading insurance plans and we are able to submit claims to most carriers on your behalf. Depending on your insurance policy, you may have a fixed co-pay due at your appointment or you may be responsible for a percentage of the charge. Your insurance card may note if you are required to make a copay, but it may not. We ask that you are familiar with your copay requirements and be ready to pay when you arrive for your appointment.

You may also be required to pay co-insurance, or a percentage of the charge. With an 80/20 insurance plan, for example, your policy will pay 80 percent of the charge and you will be responsible for the remaining 20 percent. There may also be a deductible, or a fixed dollar amount you are required to pay out of pocket before your plan pays for any health care costs.

To bill your insurance carrier on your behalf, we will need you to disclose insurance information to our office.

Note that some insurance plans require prior authorization for certain dermatology procedures like biopsies and the treatment of molluscum. After an initial appointment, we may ask you to schedule a follow-up appointment so our staff can obtain prior authorization on your behalf.

Financing through CareCredit®
We understand that protecting your skin and looking your best is important. To make your treatment as affordable as possible and ensure cost is not a barrier to getting the care you need, we offer financing for patients through CareCredit®.

CareCredit® is a leading healthcare credit card solution that allows qualified borrowers to pay for treatment with monthly payments. CareCredit® can be used for cosmetic and medical treatments and works just like a credit card. If approved, you will have a credit limit with an account that can be used at any participating healthcare provider, including Clarkston Dermatology. Your balance can be paid off at any point without prepayment penalties.

You can apply for CareCredit® in person at Clarkston Dermatology or directly online through CareCredit®. You may qualify for promotional financing to get a fixed period of time to avoid interest charges. You can use CareCredit® to pay for a single treatment, multiple treatments performed at the same appointment, or repeatedly over a period of months.

CareCredit® does not have fees, upfront costs, or prepayment penalties. Your account works like a regular credit card with an APR that is based on your creditworthiness.

Medical costs can be confusing, but Clarkston Dermatology has a team of certified reimbursement specialists to help you understand your doctor bills. That means you can focus on what matters most: your health. To get started, call us to schedule an initial appointment, receive an estimate of your cost, and conquer your doctor bill. Before we hear from you, we encourage patients in Troy and Clarkston to read "Deductible, Copay, and Coinsurance Amounts" to learn more about what to expect.

CLARKSTON DERMATOLOGY MAIN OFFICE 5701 Bow Point Dr. Suites 215 & 217 Clarkston, MI 48346 (248) 620-3376
* Individual Results May Vary